13 Jul 2013

Hitomi Hosono - exhibition

I promise this will be the last time that I go on about how much champagne I've been drinking (well until September, but more of at then).

A couple of weeks ago was the opening of the Perrier-Jouet Arts Prize 2013.  As I posted before Hitomi Hosono won the prize and we had the honour of celebrating the opening of her first solo exhibition at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel.

As ever Perrier-Jouet were incredibly generous with the champagne, which certainly made the party a happy one!

Here are some images of Hitomi's Work, which is really magical and beautiful and it was so great to see so many of them.

The exhibition is in the Chambers Club, in the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, which is private members club, and rather nice.  Anyway I'll shut up now and share some images of Hitomi's beautiful work as that's what we're here for.

Wisteria Tower © Hitomi Hosono - a beautiful very large piece, I love they way the sprigs grow out of each other

Shirakawa Bowl © Hitomi Hosono - Hotomi wanted the sprigs to flow like a river, they certainly have that feeling to me

White Wisteria Box © Hitomi Hosono - this is not a great photo but I wanted to show the lovely gold inside of the box

White Wisteria Box © Hitomi Hosono - here is the box closed.

Black Wisteria Box © Hitomi Hosono - I love the black pieces, the mattness of them is very appealing

Black Wisteria Box © Hitomi Hosono - a close up, so you can see some of the detail

Large leaves Bowl © Hitomi Hosono - this features overy 500 sprigs!

It's a pretty amazing exhibition, worth a trip if you happen to be in London between now and 4 August. It is open by appointment only and I have struggled to find details of how you make that appointment the only details I have found is that you call Caroline on 07590262370 or I'm sure if you contact the St Pancras Renaissance directly they will be able to help.

I'd love to know what you think of Hitomi's work so do leave me a comment below with your thoughts. You can see more of her work on her website.

cx

No comments:

Post a Comment