24 Jun 2013

Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature

One of my favourite museums in Paris is the Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature.  It's a museum about nature and hunting, what's not to like!  Well if you don't like taxidermy then it's probably not for you, as it is basically a museum full of taxidermy, with some hunting paraphernalia thrown in for good measure.

I'm aware of the irony of a vegetarians favourite museum being one about hunting animals.  I'm not sure where my love of taxidermy comes from, but I find it so fascinating and would desperately like some.  I'd really, really, really like a white rabbit.

Here are some of the friends I met when I was there.

a cute little fella


Piglet...


sleeping peacefully

a majestic creature

Grrrrrr

a couple of ducks

Oh hello!

Uh Oh...


The trophy room


One of the best things about the museum is there contemporary art programme.  I'll write more about that in my next post.

What's your favourite museum?  I'd love to know so why don't you leave me a comment below.

That's all for now.

cx



2 comments:

  1. Quite a weird museum, but I'm sure worth to see! :)
    I think my favourite is the Louvre at night when there only a few people and you can wonder as you want, feels like a dream home...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for anyone who is squeamish about taxidermy but certainly worth a visit. the louvre at night sounds great, will have to try that, it sounds amazing.

      Delete