14 Jan 2013

A little bit of summer in December

I was very lucky to go to Miami last December, it was my second trip and I have to say I love it, the weather, the art, the cocktails and the food.

We had such a great time and there is so much great art in Miami, from the galleries to the street art (I will do a separate post about this), it's like the ideal combination, swimming in the sea in the morning, visiting a couple of galleries in the afternoon and cocktails in a glamourous hotel bar in the evening. Ah it seems like a dream now, but I know I was there, I have the photos to prove it!

Here are a few photos I took and some images of the art I saw.  Rather foolishly I didn't write down who any of the artists are, I must try harder next time, for I shall be back in Miami, that's for sure!


The life guard stations in Miami Beach are painted such beautiful colours.
Vizcaya 

One of the art works I saw


A pigeon in the Rubell Family Collection


A beautiful textured painting

Another piece by the same artist




No comments:

Post a Comment