25 Jul 2010

Work in Progress

Right now I am preparing for a big fair in September called Origin.  I am at the early stages of making some new work.  At this stage I tend to do a lot of drawing and redrawing of images until I am happy with them, the I start working with them to decide which maps I want to use and how they will work as finished pieces.

The beginning of the process goes something like this.

I first get my tools















Then I get my inspiration
I collect paper ephemera,  and am always on the look out for images for use in my work.

I then trace and re-trace the drawings until I am happy.





















Still working on the turtle.

















Some Kingfishers nearly ready for the next stage.


I then go through my box full of maps to see which ones are inspiring me and then…

















…I will post about the next stages as they happen





2 comments:

  1. Are you going to be at Origin? Wow! I went last year and was sooo impresses, I plan to go to London again in october. So If I make it I will get to see you in real life! Great. Thanks for sharing the progress, I was really curious! Very satisfying post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely insight into your process. I have a special love for paper cuts. Perhaps because I could never muster up the patience to make them myself. I can't wait to see that next stage.

    ReplyDelete